IT’S A WRAP! A LOOK BACK AT 2020
Let’s face it, 2020 was…a challenge. To say the least. As a tight-knit team, with employees across the UK, we, like the entire country and world have felt the full effects of Covid-19 in some way or another. But with hardship, comes triumph and despite all the challenges thrown at us in 2020, we are most proud of how our team, clients and partners came together, and not just to survive, but thrive.
We are immensely proud of our team and wanted to recap on some of our favourite moments and biggest achievements from 2020.
When it came to staying connected, we started a Strava group and supported each other staying active, our favourite yoga instructor and team member Karen offered her classes to us online and we even pooled our knowledge and skills in order to offer free tutoring support for kids, opening it up to all the people in our network.
“In many ways, I think the pandemic brought the team closer together. It made us stronger, more understanding and more supportive of one another - both personally and professionally. We all made a conscious effort to have virtual get-togethers after work, and to just pick up the phone for the odd chat. I’m so proud of how we adapted to change and rallied together to learn new ways of working with our clients and partners.’ Josie Britton, Director.
We also hit some big professional and personal landmarks in 2020. Early in the year, one of our Project Designers, Sofie was named as one to watch in the Mix Interiors 30 under 30! We celebrated five (!) 20-year + work anniversaries, congratulations to Matthew, Anthony, Judith, Tim and Alex – it wouldn’t be the same without you. We, well Dean in our technical services team welcomed a new baby into the world, and into the Modus family. And our very own founder and CEO, Toby officially became the first Doctor to graduate from the Doctor of Business Administration program at the University of Warwick – Warwick Business School. Toby’s area of research focused on how organisations should use change of workplace to improve performance and provides great insight and expertise that our business harnesses to support our clients.
“Now more than ever before, our clients are searching for answers on what to do next and more importantly, whether they should invest in their office space right now. I believe my research will be an invaluable tool for guiding our clients through their current business challenges.” Toby Benzecry, CEO and Founder of Modus Workspace.
If you want to know how Toby’s research could help your organisation, get in touch with Toby here
So not only did we celebrate a number of individuals within our team, we also celebrated the success of our business as a whole, on several occasions, with the announcements of a number of awards that we had been shortlisted for and in a few cases WON!
Awards we won:
- Most Innovative Office Design & Build Company 2021 – London at the 2021 Leading Designers Awards
- Studio 19 for SLG Brands announced a winner - International Property Awards
- OSI for Best Interior (Cool and Funky space) - recent Oxfordshire Property Awards
Awards where we were named as finalists:
- Alpha FX for UK Project of the Year - FX awards
- Alpha FX for Project of the Year – Workplace Interiors over 15,000 – 30,000 sq ft - Mixology Awards
- Alpha FX for Best Interior Project (work) - Blueprint Awards
- SLG for Project of the Year – Workplace Interiors over 30,000 sq ft - Mixology Awards
- SLG for Office Interior – South West Region - UK Property Awards
- SLG for UK Project of the Year - FX awards
- Marketing Team of the Year - Construction Marketing Awards
- In-house Marketing and graphic design team for the Women in Construction award - National Building Awards
- Modus Workspace for Most Innovative Design and Build Company 2021 - London- Luxlife’s Leading Designers Awards
“I am extremely proud of all our Modus team, their passion and dedication to our clients is unparalleled and such far reaching recognition within the industry is a testament to the amazing work that they do each and every day, for every client.” – Lindsay Dowden, Managing Director.
Despite it being a difficult year, fraught with challenges, lockdowns, shutdowns, restrictions, home schooling and toilet paper shortages to name a few we have so much to be proud of in 2020 and we are beginning 2021 with great optimism and confidence that no matter what this year may bring, we will get through it together. Although our outlook for the future may be different, with the encouragement of our biggest supporters, we are ready to take on 2021!
Find out more about our award-winning projects here